POLYWOOD, LLC (i.e. "POLYWOOD") warranties to the original purchaser of the product that our following materials, under normal use and service conditions, shall be free from the following defects for a specified period of time, with some exclusions. This warranty is automatically applied to the original purchaser’s furniture upon full payment of the order, and does not need to be registered with Poly-Wood, LLC.
POLYWOOD (HDPE) LUMBER
As of April 2012, POLYWOOD lumber furniture shall be free from material defects, and shall not splinter, crack, chip, peel, or rot, or suffer structural damage from insect infestation for a period of twenty (20) years of residential use from the date of purchase,
Welds and joints are warranted to not break or crack for five (5) years of residential use. Powder coat finish is warranted to not peel for five (5) years of residential use.
Hardware used in production or assembly of POLYWOOD furniture is warranted to not break for five (5) years of residential use.
Woven inserts are warranted to not fail structurally, crack, unravel, fade excessively, or rot for five (5) years of residential use.
Sling fabric is warranted from tears and becoming non-functional because of loss of dimensional stability from exposure conditions including sunlight, mildew, rot and abnormal atmospheric conditions for three (3) years of residential use. Abnormal or excessive discoloration and fading is covered.
CUSHIONS, PILLOWS, & UMBRELLAS
Cushions, pillows, and umbrella canopies are warranted to be free from workmanship or material defects for thirty (30) days from purchase.
The fabric on a cushion, pillow, or umbrella canopy is warranted to not tear, mildew, or fade excessively for one (1) year from purchase.
Umbrella frames and bases are not covered under the POLYWOOD warranty. (Click to view Treasure Garden, Inc. warranty)
For service under the Treasure Garden, Inc. warranty, please reach out to POLYWOOD or the POLYWOOD retailer from whom you purchased your umbrella.
FIRE PIT TABLE COMPONENTS
The fire components used in fire pit tables, including Crystal Fire burners, ignitions, electronics, and glass guards, are not covered under the POLYWOOD warranty. (Click to view the Outdoor GreatRoom Company warranty)
For service under the Outdoor GreatRoom Company warranty, please reach out to POLYWOOD or the POLYWOOD retailer from whom you purchased your fire pit table.
The following items are specifically excluded from the POLYWOOD limited residential warranty. POLYWOOD shall not be liable for any failure, defect or damage resulting from or connected with the following:
- Fading, color change or color match POLYWOOD lumber is made with UV-stabilizers to minimize fading; however, upon exposure to the sun, all colors will fade to some degree.
- Suggestion: To minimize possible fading: keep product covered, utilize cushions where applicable, minimize direct sunlight by storing product when not in use, or use a UV-protectant
- Color or pattern variance between any new replacement section or pieces and other sections or pieces
- Rust or corrosion of stainless steel or zinc coated steel hardware (please see Cleaning/Maintenance information for details on how to maintain your hardware)
- Rust or corrosion of steel frames
- Assembly or handling of products after they leave our factory, including any lack of performance or improper performance in any way by the dealer or assembler. For more information on proper assembly, please visit our POLYWOOD Assembly Tips page
- Abnormal use of products
- Improper use of products with fire components, such as lighting a Crystal Fire burner without using the glass guard
- The application of paint, varnish or other coating or chemical not approved by POLYWOOD or the application of heat or radiation from an external source, such as a barbecue grill, another appliance, fire or reflection from windows or doors
- Any lack of compatibility between our products and any other product not manufactured by us that causes damage to or failure of our products
- Post-delivery labor, transportation or assembly costs
- Damage caused by, among other things, use of incompatible accessories, intentional acts, unreasonable use, misuse, physical abuse, permanent deformation or destruction by human or animal, vandalism, riot, insurrection or civil disorder, accidents or corrosive atmospheres (such as those contaminated by acid rain, harmful chemicals or vapors), or any act of God (such as fire, flooding, hurricane, earthquake, tornado, lightning, ice, etc.), environmental condition (such as air pollution, mold, mildew, etc.), staining from foreign substances (such as dirt, grease, oil, etc.), or normal weathering (defined as exposure to sunlight, weather and atmosphere which may cause any colored surface to gradually fade, darken, chalk, or accumulate dirt or stains)
- Assembly of hardware, accessory items, or defects caused by their assembly.