Swing Sizes, Fasteners, and Assembly
Whether you're spending the afternoon with a good book or watching the sunset, POLYWOOD outdoor swings make a great addition to your leisure time. We offer a variety of 48- and 60-inch styles, with multiple lumber color and finish options.
Easy-to-follow assembly instructions are included in your order and show you how to construct the swing and attach the chains and hardware. You can also access instructions on our website—search via SKU or product name to find the assembly information for your model.
A zinc-coated galvanized steel chain kit comes with your swing and includes the following:
- (4) 5-foot sections of chain
- (4) eye bolts
- (6) quick link chain connectors
You can purchase additional chains through POLYWOOD by contacting our Customer Experience Team.
Mounting hardware is sold separately. This is because all structural supports are different, so we suggest talking to a carpenter or hardware professional to find out what items you need to install your swing.
Use these tips to ensure a safe and unobstructed swing setup.
- Your chosen structure must be able to hold the weight of the swing and anyone who uses it. A load-bearing beam or ceiling joist will work perfectly. The joist needs adequate support on both ends and should be on the thicker side—2x6 or 2×8.
- Porch swings should hang about 17 to 19 inches above the floor.
- The distance between mounting hardware should measure 4-6 inches wider than the swing length—from armrest to armrest.
- Ensure your swing has 3–4 feet of distance to both the front and back and 12–14 inches of clearance on either side. This gives it plenty of room to move and not bump into walls and furniture.
Watch our how-to video to see step-by-step installation instructions for POLYWOOD outdoor swings.
At this time, POLYWOOD does not sell free-standing swing frames. However, you can use a swing stand from a different manufacturer, provided it meets the size and weight specifications of the swing you're interested in.
Have more questions? We're here to help.
Click the 🗨️ icon in the bottom right to connect with a team member.