Which seating heights will push all the way under the table?
POLYWOOD currently offers three heights for our dining furniture: dining, counter, and bar.
For a comfortable dining experience, we recommend pairing chairs and stools with tables of the same height. Otherwise, your guests will sit too low, their legs will get squished, or their knees will bump the tabletop when they pull up a chair that's too tall.
Reference Guide for Furniture Heights
- Dining-height tables: 28 to 30 inches
- Dining-height chairs and stools: 17 to 20 inches (seat height)
- Counter-height tables: 34 to 36 inches
- Counter-height chairs and stools: 24 to 27 inches (seat height)
- Bar-height tables: 40 to 42 inches
- Bar-height chairs and stools: 28 to 33 inches (seat height)
For your convenience, all POLYWOOD dining pieces and sets have the height—dining, counter, or bar—stated in their product names. When browsing our selections, you can also use the "Compare" checkbox below each item to see the detailed differences in our furniture.
We also designed our dining seating to fit any table of the same size, so you're free to create your own alfresco set. For example, a Vineyard Bar Arm Chair will fit a Nautical 31" Counter Table.
Looking for an item?
Use our Product Search page to find products by keyword, collection name, or SKU.
Have more questions? We're here to help.
Click the 🗨️ icon in the bottom right to connect with our Customer Experience Team.