I'm looking for ADA-compliant pieces or furniture that's easy for customers with limited mobility to use. What are my options?
POLYWOOD offers a variety of accessible furniture options that fit your family's lifestyle.
Everyone should be able to gather around the table, so when shopping for wheelchair-accessible options, look for these dimensions listed on the product page.
- Stand between 28 and 34 inches tall.
- Have a minimum knee clearance of 27 inches high (from the floor to the underside of the table) and 19 inches deep.
- Offer spaces beneath the table that are at least 30 inches wide.
Here is a table that meet these ADA dimensional guidelines:
Make your outdoor space more accessible with the following seating suggestions.
Our upright Adirondacks sit higher off the ground, making sitting down and standing up easier. Here’s a list of our tallest seats.
- Classic Upright Adirondack Chair
- Modern Upright Adirondack Chair
- Long Island Upright Adirondack Chair
- Nautical Curveback Upright Adirondack Chair
- Seashell Upright Adirondack Chair
- Vineyard Curveback Upright Adirondack Chair
- Quattro Upright Adirondack Chair
- Palm Coast Upright Adirondack Chair
- South Beach Casual Chair
Accessible spaces often have furniture that's low to the ground. Our chaise lounges have adjustable backs and sit lower than many outdoor seating options, offering plenty of room for family members to settle in and relax.
- Nautical Chaise
- Nautical Chaise with Wheels
- Captain Chaise
- Country Living Chaise
- Country Living Chaise with Wheels
POLYWOOD deep seating sectionals are wide, sit lower to the ground, and can be modified to fit the size and shape of any outdoor area. When choosing a sectional, look for one with an added chaise lounge or ottoman that offers full-body comfort for family members. Here are two curated sectionals for your consideration.
You can also design a custom sectional that’s tailored to the shape of your space. Get creative with our EDGE Sectional Planner, or design your own shape with modular pieces from two PW Designer Series collections.
Choose Sensory-Friendly Colors
Selecting furniture in subdued hues creates a calm atmosphere for those with sensory differences. Our genuine POLYWOOD lumber and outdoor cushion fabrics are available in a variety of relaxing shades.
Keep Textures in Mind
If you have a family member with sensory sensitivities, you'll want to avoid furniture with rough or bumpy textures. Choose furniture in our Classic Finish as it features a smooth surface.
Looking for an item?
Use our Product Search page to find products by keyword, collection name, or SKU.
Have more questions? We're here to help.
Click the 🗨️ icon in the bottom right to connect with our Customer Experience Team.