Weave Care & Maintenance
How do I clean and maintain POLYWOOD weave material?
The all-weather weave featured in our POLYWOOD Jefferson Woven and Presidential Woven Rocking Chairs adds a timeless look to our classic rocking chair designs. Both comfortable and stylish, our woven seats and backs are available in three colors and coordinate beautifully with our genuine POLYWOOD lumber.
Our all-weather weave is made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), the same type of durable plastic used in our lumber.
Here is our recommended method to clean wicker weave furniture:
- Mix mild dish soap and warm water in a bucket.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the soapy mixture onto the surfaces of your furniture, removing any dirt.
- For extra cleaning power or to sanitize, mix 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water.
- Apply bleach mixture to furniture with a clean cloth and allow it to sit on the lumber for a few minutes (this will not affect the color).
- Loosen any dirt and debris that may catch in the surface grooves of the lumber by scrubbing the bleach mixture with a soft-bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly.
If it’s been a while since you last cleaned your furniture, we recommend added cleaning power:
- First, use a high-pressure power washer (not exceeding 1,500 psi) for an initial deep clean. This will really help to clean the texture of the furniture.
- Then, if any persistent dirt remains, follow the above steps, rinsing thoroughly when complete.
** Please ensure you keep a safe distance from the furniture while power washing. Pressure washing too close can result in damage or change to the texture of the weave.
Our weave is covered under a 5-year limited residential warranty and a 2-year limited commercial warranty.
Have more questions? We're here to help.
Click the 🗨️ icon in the bottom right to connect with our Customer Experience Team.