How do I clean and maintain the aluminum portions of my POLYWOOD furniture?
Before cleaning your aluminum surfaces, please make sure the furniture is not hot from direct sun exposure.
Please note: Strong solvents, abrasive cleaners, or hard pads and brushes should not be used on your aluminum furniture, as they can cause damage.
- Mix mild dish soap and warm water in a bucket.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the mixture onto the aluminum surfaces, cleaning off any dirt.
- For extra cleaning power, first spot test a mild solvent, such as mineral spirits, to ensure there is no coating damage or staining from the cleaner.
- Apply solvent to the stain with a soft cloth or sponge until removed.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Do not allow prolonged exposure to any aluminum areas (no more than 20 minutes) before rinsing with water. Long exposure to bleach can damage the aluminum coating.
If it’s been a while since you last cleaned your furniture, we recommend added cleaning power.
- Use a high-pressure power washer (not to exceed 1,500 psi) for an initial deep clean.
- Follow the standard cleaning steps for any persistent spots, rinsing thoroughly when complete.
Please ensure you keep a safe distance from the furniture while power washing. Pressure washing too close can result in damage or change in texture of the weave.
Have more questions? We're here to help.
Click the 🗨️ icon in the bottom right to connect with our Customer Experience Team.