How do I clean and maintain POLYWOOD lumber?
Here’s our recommended quick-cleaning method that you can use throughout the season to sanitize and eliminate any stubborn stains or dirt build-up:
- Mix mild dish soap and warm water in a bucket.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the soapy mixture onto the surfaces of your furniture, cleaning off any dirt.
- For extra cleaning power and to easily sanitize, mix 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water.
- Apply bleach mixture to furniture with a clean cloth and allow it to sit on the lumber for a few minutes (this will not affect the color).
- Loosen any dirt or debris that may catch in the surface grooves of the lumber by scrubbing the bleach mixture with a soft-bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly.
You can also use a solution of one part vinegar and one part water for an organic cleaning solution.
If it’s been a while since you last cleaned your furniture, we recommend added cleaning power:
- First, use a high-pressure power washer (not exceeding 1,500 psi) for an initial deep clean. This will help to clean the texture of the lumber.
- Then, follow the steps above for any persistent spots, rinsing thoroughly when complete.
NOTE: Please keep a safe distance from the furniture while power washing. Pressure washing too close can result in damage or change in texture of the lumber.
Have more questions? We're here to help.
Click the 🗨️ icon in the bottom right to connect with our Customer Experience Team.