Here’s our recommended quick-cleaning method that you can use throughout the season to sanitize and eliminate any stubborn stains or dirt build-up:
- Mix mild dish soap and warm water in a bucket.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the soapy mixture onto the surfaces of your furniture, cleaning off any dirt.
- For extra cleaning power and to easily sanitize, mix 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water.
- Apply bleach mixture to furniture with a clean cloth and allow it to sit on the lumber for a few minutes (this will not affect the color).
- Loosen any dirt or debris that may catch in the surface grooves of the lumber by scrubbing the bleach mixture with a soft-bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly.
You can also use a solution of one part vinegar and one part water for an organic cleaning solution.
If it’s been a while since you last cleaned your furniture, we recommend added cleaning power:
- First, use a high-pressure power washer (not exceeding 1,500 psi) for an initial deep clean. This will help to clean the texture of the lumber.
- Then, follow the steps above for any persistent spots, rinsing thoroughly when complete.
** Please ensure to keep a safe distance from the furniture while power washing. Pressure washing too close can result in damage or change in texture of the lumber.